The Snow Queen

Saturday, April 2

Every so often, I go online and check out what is being staged at the National Theatre here in Prague.   My girls were fascinated by their first performance - The Nutcracker ballet - and I wanted them to keep their enthusiasm for the arts as they grew.  So, when I saw that The Snow Queen was being staged at the State Opera House, and they had a few tickets still left, I booked them immediately.  My only reservation was that it was on a Tuesday night at 7pm.  Almost after the girls bedtime before it even started...but sometimes you have to throw caution to the wind.  And I am so glad we did after I found out that our friend C was taking her two girls too!  And to make it even more special, my friend H was to join us in making it a girl night on the town.  Let the fun begin!

Tuesday came and we picked some very excited girls up from school.  We dressed them in their finest, and headed to the metro to catch our train to our first stop - dinner at Dish, the best burger joint in town (in my opinion anyway).  The little's were so excited to be together...


The big's too...


We had dinner and desert...


and walked on over to the Opera house.  We were very excited about the fact that we had box seats in the second balcony and couldn't wait to find our seats.  But first I insisted on a few photos to caputre our girls in their finest...


Because we hadn't purchased our tickets at the same time, our boxes were not really close to each other but we did disover that our they were almost directly across from each other! I see you guys...


We did get the chance to visit each other durning the intermissions.  Yep, intermissions, plural.  This was one long ballet (2 hours and 35 minutes!)
C, A and L's box...
Which looked eerily like ours...
We took our seats and waited for the curtain to rise...And I snapped a few cell phone pics of the theatre.  It was gorgeous and I couldn't resist.



Finally, we settled in to our seats and the curtain rose.  And the girls were once again mesmerized.  The movie Frozen (a perennial favorite in our house) is very loosely based on the Snow Queen.  




The pictures that I took on my cell phone, without flash (no cameras or flash photos allowed) can never do it justice.  The scenery was amazing.  The costumes were beyond incredible.  And the staging of the whole show was spectacular.  Let's just say it got my usually fidgety Stinkerbell to sit still for almost 3 hours straight without falling asleep - that is truly an accomplishment.  But all good things must come to an end, and little girls need their sleep so we clapped our hearts out as the confetti fell and the dancers took their bows.  And then skeddaddled on home to dream about becoming a ballerina one day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<