It was a day for the Birds

Monday, April 25

Earth day and the birds of prey go hand in hand at the girls school.
It is a highly anticipated event - the birds come and hang out in on the lawn outside of the cafeteria.  The kids are then brought out to watch demonstrations of what they can do and then have a hands-on session with those that won't relieve them of a finger or two.  I just happened to be walking back from a photoshoot in the neighborhood when MadHatter's class was on the lawn.  So I pulled up a patch of grass, and grabbed my camera.  It truly was amazing...
(MadHatter is in a jean shirt and brown boots - almost directly in front of the gentleman with the bird)
JB and G - and the bird that grazed the top of their heads...

The kids got called up to hold the birds...
and then let them fly away again...


Afterward, we got to see them up close (again, far enough away that we wouldn't lose a finger) and I can say that they were simply amazing to see...







I didn't get there to see Stinkerbell's class interact with the birds, but thanks to my friend C, I got to see this adorable video of her petting an owl...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<