The day was finally here. And she could hardly contain her excitement. She kept asking if it was time to go yet. Shouldn't we get our things and head out to the car? Did we have everything ready for her big party? I have never seen her get dressed so quickly and, without a complaint, brush her teeth and stand still to have her hair brushed. I couldn't blame her, this was her first big girl birthday party. Yes, she has had parties before. But because her birthday falls during school break (summer or winter, school is still not in session in late June), she has never gotten to have a party with all of the kids from her class. And for the first time, she got to choose the theme and location of the party. Add all together and the excitement factor hits a level where you could almost see her vibrating with it.
She had chosen Zirafa for the location. It is an indoor play space that contains bouncy slides, twirling and swirling rides, huge ball pits and miles and miles (I exaggerate) of tunnels and mazes, each ending in different slides. In other words, heaven on earth for a bunch of 5 year olds.
And she had chosen to have a Minion party. NOT a Despicable Me party, mind you, "just the minions, please". And that is what she got. Thank goodness for Pinterest and Google. Throwing a themed party here is a
![]() |
| Those are Stinkerbell's goggles - which are too cute on her (thanks Nana and Grampa!) |
![]() |
| And that is her singing, talking, dancing Dave in the center. I told you, she loves Minions! |
![]() |
| Told you she was cute! |
I couldn't get into the tunnels to get pictures of them, so the photos are all from the front play area. It is the only place I could get to as an adult. But even from the few I took, I think they had fun...
![]() |
| I kept finding the oldest kid in the littlest kids playspace. I think she liked trying to stay in this tube as it rotated her upside down, and she inevitably fell. |
Finally, we dragged them all out for pizza (and then again for cake). Quite a feat rounding up 10 little monkeys and getting them out of their cages (literally). But we succeeded in getting them to sit still for 10 minutes...well, maybe 8, before they ran off again.
![]() |
| That is the Best. Face. Ever. |
We sent home some very exhausted 5 year olds. And we took home one very happy little girl who celebrated her birthday exactly how she dreamed it would be. Nothing makes me happier.
And as a bonus, the song Happy came on the radio as we were pulling out of the parking lot (the theme from Despicable Me 2) and the girls bopped their heads, waved their arms in the air and sang at the top of their voices. And giggled all the way home.


























No comments:
Post a Comment