Rebel Heart

Friday, November 13

Madonna.  

Just saying her name takes me back to my 10 year old self, into my best friend Kim's room, dressing up like the Material Girl herself, and singing karaoke to Everybody and Burning Up.  I have since stopped doing karaoke (you can thank me later) but I haven't lost my love for Madonna.  Imagine my glee (squeeeeeeee) when S asked his 6 best girls if they would like to accompany him to the Rebel Heart show here in Prague...

We got all dressed up...


and then wisely went out for a cocktail before the show, skipping her opening act because we had heard he was not a great DJ (raunchy and inappropriate even for adults).  And because we had heard that Miss M herself didn't take the stage until 10 pm.  If I waited until 9:30 pm to leave my house, I would be asleep before even getting one foot in my stilletos, so we chose to head out about 7:30 and spend some time together before the show.  Because even though we were going to be in the same box, we wouldn't be able to talk over the sound.  And who would want to anyway?

We got to the arena about 9:30, unfortunately catching the last 10 minutes or so of the DJ (he really was horrible).  We ate some yummy sweets and wandered around taking in our surroundings.

The stage was set (and what a stage it was!)


The champagne was poured...


And the good times, with great friends, had begun...



Finally, there she was!  Madonna.


She sang...





We danced...And shouted...and sang along...
(Unlike the Czech people, who sat in their seats, stoically, and clapped at the end of each song, quietly.  I do not kid.  We even got shhhhhh'ed - at a concert - a Madonna concert)


And her dancers amazed us at every turn....




After about an hour of non-stop showmanship, she closed the show with a crowd favorite...


And as we all said goodbye, and goodnight, each of us still humming our favorites tunes, I was reminded again of how lucky I am to live this life, with these people.

Thank you my dear friend S.  For the tickets, for your friendship and for being the catalyst that brought about such a memorable time.  I will never forget your generosity or this evening spent in great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<