The Picture Post

Saturday, April 11

This post is more about the camera, and pictures, than it is about the park.  (Ok - it is still about the little ones and their excitement about being at Disney) We still had 2 1/2 days at the Parks, but you don't need a play by play.  You can read those here and here.  And it all works pretty much the same each day - get dressed, wait in line, ride rides, eat, ride rides, eat, fall into bed exhausted.  But what isn't the same on any of these posts about our Disney adventure, is how the pictures were taken.

Excluding the few pictures that came off of my iPhone (the square ones), the majority of these snaps were taken with my new point and shoot camera.  Yep, this past Christmas B got me the best present ever, after having listened to me complain about having to drag my very heavy DSLR with me everywhere.  Don't get me wrong, I love that heavy camera and it has helped capture some incredible memories, but on trips like this, where we do a ton of walking (11 miles a day), that camera and lenses make my back and shoulders ache like nobody's business.  Replacing all of that gear with a point and shoot made all of us a bit happier, and lighter.  The only problem - I still hadn't read the manual, so I didn't really know how to use all of the bells and whistles on it.  I fiddled with it as we went, but I know I didn't reach it's full potential.  But I also know that I was able to capture some great memories with it.  Which is all that matters in the long run.  (And, yes, I will read the manual before the next time).

I leave you with the photo evidence of our last two days in Disneyland Resort Parks Paris.  Enjoy.  I know we did.

Obligatory.
So. Much. Paper.  You have paper tickets for entrance to the park, paper for early entrance, paper tickets (shown above) for your meals and snacks, and a paper stub for your breakfast each morning (with the time you can eat).  And you had to carry it all with you - all the more reason to have a small camera.

A one day, Adult ticket is 90 euros.  Kids are 82 euros.  Pricey.  The Yearly passport though is much cheaper  than the US - 223 Euros for their 365 day passport.  I know I would have one if we lived in France!  Or you can do the package like we did.



Testing the camera, without flash, in super low light.


I do need to say a few words about the castle because it is stunning, and one of a kind.  The Imagineers were tasked with creating something original and breathtaking.  Not an easy feat when there are literally hundreds of castles just down the road.  So, they used the movie itself as a starting point (the square trees) but also the Mont-Saint Michel monastery in Normandy for the details.  They incorporated gorgeous stained glass windows that help narrate the story, and even added a dungeon underground that houses a breathing dragon.  Incidentally, that dragon, at 89 feet long, was the largest animatronic ever built when the castle opened in 1992.  The dragon wakes from sleep every few minutes and breathes smoke at his viewers.

The castle is the most accessible I have ever been in.  There are nooks and crannies to explore everywhere and it is all open for inspection.  So we inspected...













Waiting in line for Thunder Mountain Railroad.  We had to go without B.  Someone had to stay with Stinkerbell, and she wasn't about to go on this...


Don't worry though.  He got his turn.







Yep, they have one too.  We had dinner here our last night.  The girls loved watching the Pirates of the Caribbean boats go by...and then we jumped on the ride.  Again!











Another great day!

We only have a few hours...what to do?














































No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<