Each Tuesday afternoon, the girls meet in the schools dance studio, and presumably dance. I say presumably, because parents are not allowed in. We are not allowed to see what they are practicing or what music they are dancing to. What they do, how they do it and what they have learned has been a carefully guarded secret since day one. Any attempts to find out what they were learning were answered with, "It's a secret". Questions about music and costume choices were met with, "It's a secret". I even asked the other girls in the class, to see if someone would spill the beans and all I got was, "It's a secret". Who knew first graders could keep so much information so quiet?
But the secret was let out of the bag this week. The school put on its second annual dance recital for the elementary school - Let's Dance II. And let's just say that it was worth every minute of the wait. The cuteness was overwhelming. And I was so proud of MadHatter for overcoming her stage fright. She danced her heart out and had such a great time with her friends. It was infectious.
I forgot my camera. And I had been out all day so I only had about 15% charge on my battery. I know - rookie mistake. But I managed to snap a few pictures. And my friend C took video of the whole thing, so I am not at a total loss.
I dare you not to smile or bop along while watching. I bet you can't...





No comments:
Post a Comment