Party in the Park

Wednesday, June 15

Sometime late last year, the announcements began.  Those who were repatriating were being notified; those moving to another location were beginning their negotiations and those who were staying were making plans for summer vacation.  It was not a surprise.  It happens in every expat community around the world but that doesn't make it any easier.  But, we still had almost 6 months left to say our goodbyes, to make the most of our times together and to clear our bucket lists, so we put it to the back of our minds and got on with the details of living our lives.

And suddenly, in the blink of an eye, 5 months had passed and we could put it off no longer.  It was time to say goodbye.  And we planned to do it in great fashion. See, we had a group of five families that were moving on in some fashion (2 repatriating, 3 moving to another assignment) and instead of throwing five separate going away parties that would have had the majority of the same people attending, we pooled our resources and planned a party in the park.

So, after weeks of planning, we were joined on a Sunday afternoon in mid-June, by those who had meant so much to us during our time in Prague, to enjoy the view from Letna park, drink some adult beverages, enjoy some traditional Czech pork and tell stories of laughter and friendship.  We were so happy that so many took their time to join us and a special thanks for those of you who braved the downpour in the middle, and yet stayed to celebrate with us.

As I look back now and type this post I smile at each picture, at each memory, each laugh.  It was an incredible way to spend an afternoon, with incredible friends.  I just wish I had more photos to share.  Unfortunately I was busy having fun so the pictures I do have are mostly from the beginning of the party before all of our guests had arrived - and mostly of the kids...And I don't have a single photo of the 5 families together.  I guess we will just have to get together again soon to get that snap...

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<