Disney on Ice, In Czech

Thursday, January 8

Way back in October, the billboards started going up.  They were plastered all over town and featured Ariel and Belle and Rapunzel.  But largest of all, on each and every sign, were Anna and Elsa and Sven and Olaf.  The girls couldn't miss them, or could they?  

I bought tickets immediately after I got home and translated the date.  Prosinec is the word for December and not one I knew.  Luckily we would be home on the one day they were in town.  I picked my seats, and then texted and told all of our friends where we would be so they could get tickets nearby.  And they did!  I was more excited than the girls.  Not that it was hard to be - we didn't tell them about it.  

I don't know how we kept it a secret for nearly two months but we did.  And then finally, Fidget, their elf, brought them their tickets the morning of the performance.  


 I dressed two very excited little girls in their Christmas dresses - their choice - and got us to the ice rink with a few minutes to spare.  The girls thought we were the only ones going so imagine their surprise when their friends all started showing up and sitting next to us!  




Finally, the first of the skaters came out and our girls couldn't contain their excitement!  They jumped, they cheered, they screamed.  And they were the only ones.  Not kidding.  The Czech children all just sat in their seats and clapped politely.  They did not make any noise at all and they never moved from their seats.  It was a bit unnatural to me.  Kids should be kids and a child overtaken with excitement really can't contain it.  And in a venue such as this, they really shouldn't have to.  I did settle them down a bit, but over all, I let them (mostly Stinkerbell and her friend J) jump and wave and sing.  

Which was another thing.  The songs were all familiar, but sung in Czech.  I wasn't surprised as we had done Disney on Ice in Santiago and it was all in Spanish.  It is just a bit odd to hear songs that you have heard so many times, in a foreign language so different from your own.  It didn't stop the girls for a second though, they just sang along in English.

I got a few pictures.  And if you scroll down to the bottom, there is video of the show, to show you the Czech version of Let It Go.  Enjoy.  I know we did.




A quiet moment for them.




















She has seen the movie 4000 times and still she was worried about Anna at the end.
So happy it turned out ok...


Sorry about the stops and starts.  Every time I took a picture it clicks, and then stops the video for a minute.  I had no idea that it would do that!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<