What L didn't know about that Evite though, was that it was all part of a plan to throw her a surprise birthday party, at the request of her husband. I was just going to have to be the bad friend for a few weeks. I wasn't too worried though. I knew in the long run it would all become clear to her. What I didn't know at the time was how much sneaking around, and making up stories and hurt feelings a surprise party can cause. Because we had to do a bit of quiet talking behind L's back. And we had to get our stories straight. And we had to keep her from trying to do too much (this was originally her idea after all). It even got to the point where I was afraid that she was going to be disappointed that it wasn't really a Halloween party for the kids, she was that into it.
I needn't have worried.
I decked out the house, with a lot of help from MadHatter. It is her favorite holiday, so she likes to go all out...

I got my little's dressed. Stinkerbell picked her bunny costume while we were back in the U.S. this summer (so adorable, right?) and MadHatter chose Little Red Riding Hood. What are the chances that Gymboree also chose that as one of their costumes this year AND that Nana would be visiting us to deliver it? She looked so grown up and spot on!
I don't have any picture's of the actually surprise - I was too busy answering the door and making sure that the birthday girl actually made it to the right room and not trying to help me. From the sounds coming from the living room, I think it was a success.
I wish I had more pictures, but I was too busy having fun to have my camera with me. I missed taking pictures of the kids (which I know I will get on Halloween, so that is ok) but I also missed getting most of the husbands. Boo...and not in the scary way. But the few I got show the fun we had. It was crazy. It was loud. It was the 80's all over again. This time in a good way...
Happy Birthday L! I hope it was all you wished for and half as much fun as the one you planned on throwing. Next year, I promise to let you do it.
![]() |
| Our 80's Prom Queen (crimped hair and all!) was not about to share any of those chips! |
![]() |
| Spidey! |
![]() |
| Who could resist singing along to Journey? |

![]() |
| I think she enjoyed her surprise. |



































No comments:
Post a Comment